Thursday 19 January 2017

"So-called "citizen archaeologists" do no damage, they only remove material from the top few inches of ploughsoil, innit"?


Telling UK artefact hunters that they are 'citizen archaeologists' has gone to their heads, like this message from a 'probono, Superhero' (Re: Lead Face Field « Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 03:42:57 PM »):
" I've asked the farmer on the land I detect if I can run a trench across what I suspect is a roman building (roof tiles / bricks / artefacts / pottery / squared off building blocks, that type of thing) and he said yes - although I've got until May to do it as he is putting Maize in it this year."
Note the way this thread describes glibly the targeting of known sites.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Ten utwór jest dostępny na licencji Creative Commons Uznanie autorstwa-Bez utworów zależnych 3.0 Unported.